Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a CNC machine. Maintain quality and safety standards, keep records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Must always maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Use measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, and other standard inspection tools to perform a detailed inspection of parts and pieces to ensure the product meets production guidelines.
- Report quality control problems such as defects in raw material and finished products.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufactures instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Set up mills and lathes by installing jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, wheels, stops, etc.
- Monitor machine tools and attachments during operation to ensure parts are properly cooled and lubricated.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED and 2-3 years of related experience. (Holroyd Profile Milling/Grinding experience preferred or some other type of compressor rotor manufacturing familiarity)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be self-sufficient and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings (including drawing geometry), blueprints, and BOM’s.
- Must possess strong math skills to make quick and accurate math calculations.
- Must be able to use good judgment to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Must have basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- CNC Operator/Setup is a full-time position – non-exempt. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday. 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. but may require outside times to be worked.
- Lift up to 50lbs, while also being able to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Specific vision required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in an environment with moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to handle parts that have come in contact with oils, coolants, grinding solutions, and parts cleaners.
- Reliable performance and physical attendance are required.
CNC Operator/Set-up Benefits:
- Vision coverage
- 401K with some company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Job Type: Full-time
Email Resume and Application to:
Human Resources Department