Use CAD equipment to provide support to engineering and manufacturing by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (SolidWorks) equipment and software to develop designs of new and existing product.
- Creates and revises production 2D drawings & 3D models (detail and assembly drawings).
- Makes a final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, the relation of one part to another, and the relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of machine and products.
- Draw finished designs from sketches.
- Updates Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Converts existing production drawings to SolidWorks
- Communicate with engineering and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
Education and Experience
- SolidWorks experience preferred (2-5 years).
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical Capacity & Mechanical Aptitude.
- Math Proficiency.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Design Engineer is a full-time position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but may require outside times to be worked.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
Design Engineer Benefits:
- Vision coverage
- 401K with some company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Email Resume and Application to:
Human Resources Department