Position Title: Parts Sales Support
Reports to: Parts Sales Manager
Works with: Customers, Purchasing, Document Control, Warranty, Service, Shipping
Purpose: To ensure OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts customers’ requests are effectively fulfilled.
- Receive requests for parts or related information via telephone, email, or company’s website ports from customers. Verify order information for correctness. Contact Document Control for new parts or parts not in the system. Obtain and update customer information in ERP. Field general questions and clarifying requests from customers. Contact Service to assist with technical questions. Contact Inventory Control for kit requests. Provide customers invoices, tracking numbers, and related information upon request.
- Key in order which generates a “pick list” and is sent to Shipping. a. Send order and payment information to Accounting.
- Contact customer with the status of the purchase order. a. Send an acknowledgment and anticipated ship date b. Or describe any issues impacting the customer’s request and continue to investigate and pursue order keeping the customer apprised until resolved.
- Resolve issues related to customers’ requests and keep customers updated.
- Contact Purchasing should the part be unavailable.
b. Monitor backorders.
c. Monitor Purchase Orders which are past due.
d. Contact Inventory Control to check stock and make inventory adjustments.
- Send return authorizations to Warranty for processing.
High School diploma or equivalent. College or tech school is a plus.
Must have strong customer service skills and be able to adapt to different situations daily.
Must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
Basic Microsoft Office Suite computer skills are a must.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday 8 to 5.